Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program in USA for International Students
Applicants that possess the requirements for Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program can make their applications come through by reading through this article. Be sure you will read this content till the end to get informed on what to do.
Before we go into the main information proper, we would like to tell you what the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program in USA is all about. You can find that below.
If you are an experienced professional in any field and willing to strengthen your leadership skill through a collective exchange of knowledge and understanding issues of common interest in the US then this Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program is for you.
Selected participants that made it to the final stage will be placed at one of the participating universities in USA. You will not be allowed to choose the institution you will be attached to, rather, they will be assigned in diverse groups of 7-15 to the most appropriate host institution based on their area of interest and profession.
Eligible Program Fields
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Economic Development
- Finance and Banking
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Higher Education Administration
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Human Resource Management
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Law and Human Rights
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
The total number of fellows awarded annually are 200 and for international students. This means that 200 applicants will make it to the final stage.
This Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022 is targeted at citizens from eligible countries in Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Western Hemisphere, and South and Central Asia.
- Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
- Full payment of tuition fee at assigned institution
- Pre-academic English language training, if required
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance
- Accident and sickness coverage
- Book allowance
- One-time computer subsidy
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events)
Requirements for Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022
If you are applying for this fellowship program in USA then you must look out for the following eligibility criteria. They are;
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of full-time, professional experience
- Ability to communicate and write with the English language
- A record of public service in the community
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Limited or no prior experience in the US
To learn more about this fellowship program requirements, kindly contact the United States Embassy Public Affairs Section or Fulbright Commission in your country of residence.
How to Apply Hubert Humphrey Fellowships
Application is done online at www.humphreyfellowship.org. Kindly access this portal, fill out your request form and submit at the portal afterwards. Be sure you fill in your details correctly.
Note: Application deadlines vary by country of residence but all application is between May and September yearly.