Canada Student Permit Application Guide
Applying for Canada Student Permit can be a challenging thing to do owing to many restrictions caused by the Covid-19. Nevertheless, this post have got you covered. Kindly read through to get the right steps and approach to get Canada Student Permit.
Studying a language or higher education program abroad is one of the most expensive thing one can do though it comes with a lot of benefits attached. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic in early 2020, this adventure has been compromised due to the numerous regulations and travel bans established by different countries.
In the case of Canada, study in Canada or getting a study visa became a little bit challenging. Due to the widespread of the coronavirus, the government had to close its borders to some countries leaving academic activities in the country to be done online or virtually.
What is Canada Student Permit?
The Canadian study permit is a document issued by the IRCC that permits foreign students to study at a designated learning institution (DLI) within Canada.
Before requesting for a Canadian Study Permit as a foreign student or an international student, it is necessary you have all the required documents.
You can apply for a study permit in Canada if you have:
- Good health condition and get a medical examination from an accredited medical institution (if required), and
- Enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI) with an approved COVID-19 readiness plan,
- Are law abiding citizen of your country, have no criminal record and also get a police clearance certificate (if required)
- Proved to the immigration officer handling your case that you would leave Canada back to your home country when your study permit expires.
- Have enough funds to finance for your:
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses for you and any family members who came to Canada with you (If applicable), and
- Return tickets for you and any of your family members who came to Canada with you (If applicable)
- Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ)
- Proof of financial support.
- Letter of explanation
- An acceptance letter from the DLI you will be attending which must be on the list of DLI’s with an approved COVID-19 readiness plan
- Proof of identity
- Custodian declaration (minors only), or
- As many of the documents needed for a complete application as possible
How to Apply
Applying for a Canada Student Permit as an international student could be done online irrespective of whether you are in Canada or not. You might have to check the official website to get the right steps to complete your application.
[button color=”red” size=”medium” link=”https://www.canada.valuegist.com.ng/farm-labourer-at-schlegel-poultry/” icon=”” target=”true”]APPLY HERE[/button]