Anesthesia Assistant at Ottawa Hospital (TOH), Canada
The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) is one of Canada’s largest learning and research multi-campus hospitals. With more than 1,100 beds and approximately 12,000 staff members, we deliver specialized care to the Eastern Ontario region.
From the compassion of our people to the relentless pursuit of new discoveries, The Ottawa Hospital never stops seeking solutions to the most complex health-care challenges while continually engaging with the community to support our vision for better patient care.
Working together with its research institute, the University of Ottawa, and other partners, the hospital is continually gaining national and international recognition for high-quality patient care, teaching and research, while striving to meet the needs of the culturally diverse community we serve.
Rotation/Shifts: Days and evenings, 8 hours shifts. Must be available for stand by and call back on evenings, nights, weekends, and stat holidays.
Salary/Renumeration: $38.14–$48.69 an hour – Full-time
- Diploma from an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program
- Graduated from a post graduate Anesthesia Assistant course
- Current and general certificate of registration or eligibility for general certification with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (C.R.T.O.) without limitation
- Certified in ACLS
- Knowledge of anesthesia technologies, basic hemodynamic principles, and general knowledge of anesthesia equipment
- Sound judgement and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of the Regulated Health Professions Act and other related professional acts
- Knowledge of hospital/OR processes, policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Membership in Respiratory Therapy Professional Association(s)
- Membership with the Canadian Anesthesiologists‘ Society (CAS) Anesthesia Assistant subcommittee
- Membership with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists AA subcommittee (CSRT)
- Two (2) years of multi-service operating room experience within the last two (2) years in the role of anesthesia assistant.
What you can expect from us
The Ottawa Hospital is committed to providing a healthy, safe, and inclusive work environment for everyone. We are driven by our purpose to provide each patient with the world-class care, exceptional service and compassion we would want for our loved ones.
We offer an attractive and equitable compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, a Defined Benefit Pension (DBP) plan, and insurance protection. We also offer discounts from choice providers on a variety of products and services.
The Ottawa Hospital provides various Health and Wellness resources as well as opportunities for personal and professional development opportunities from our in-house Learning and Leadership Development team to help align your goals with your career objectives.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an on-line application for the position you are interested in. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment process.